Arijaan's Adventures in Amsterdam!

"He who dwells in the shelter of the Most High will rest in the shadow of the Almighty" Psalm 91:1

Tuesday, August 01, 2006

Kamergenoten!

Yay for my roommates here, it's time to share a little about them with you! Certainly I miss my wonderful girls in SLO (no one could replace you, I promise!) but here is another example of how God takes good care of me where ever I go! Let's start with a picture:
Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting
So, of course the girl in green would be yours truly - in case you were worried, my love for that color is only growing while I'm here! How could one think otherwise? Anne is in the middle. She is a wonderful 25 year old Dutch girl who arrived in March and is staying until December. She has been a Christian for several years and it has been amazing to see how mature she is in her faith, even though it brings her many challenges at times. Because of Anne we have a harp in our room which she plays beautifully - what a cool skill! Anne is a real Dutch girl, she is straightforward and honest - and at the same time so caring towards me. Christina, on the right, is my other roommate. She is 20 years old and when people ask her where she is from she typically responds with "good question"! She was born in the states, has lived in The Netherlands since she was a toddler, and will be moving to her sister's place in England when her time here at the Shelter ends (she has 7 months to go!). Christina loves dancing of all sorts, cats (to my dismay), and movies galore. There is a sign designating our room to be the Willemsstraat Movie Rental - she has a closet full of them! Both these girls are a blast - I can practice my Dutch with them and typically Anne will respond in Dutch and Christina in English, we are able to help each other quite a lot in the language department. It is also great to have two girls who care to listen and share themselves with me - in turn it is a pleasure to listen and share myself with them. I am looking forward to another month with them - they are a blessing indeed!

1 Comments:

At 9:36 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

page rank organic seo backlink service backlinks checker

 

Post a Comment

<< Home