Arijaan's Adventures in Amsterdam!

"He who dwells in the shelter of the Most High will rest in the shadow of the Almighty" Psalm 91:1

Wednesday, July 19, 2006

Hot, Hot, Hot!

Oh Wow - it is SO HOT here! I can hardly believe it, I packed a rain coat and a warm sweatshirt - just thinking about those items makes it feel even more hot! It's really something, you would think a California girl could handle this heat but without air conditioning and a swimming pool she is one weak person. Every year in the east of Holland there is a big walking event where thousands of people walk 40km (I'm not sure on all the details - maybe a Dutch reader could fill us in!) but for the first time it has been cancelled because of the heat, sadly some people died as a result of the temperature before they decided to cancel it. On a more positive note I was JUST interupted as I was writing this by a cool and refreshing fan-spay bottle. . . amazingly wonderful! Thanks to Nicole my entire face is now wet but it feels so good. All in all, I must say I do love this weather - I'd rather have heat then rain any day! I hope the weather is pleasing where ever you are as well!

1 Comments:

At 8:57 AM, Blogger Andrea said...

its been over 100 degrees in boise for the past few days. air-conditioning is such an awesome invention! hey, you should be expecting a letter from me. i mailed it july 11th.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home