Arijaan's Adventures in Amsterdam!

"He who dwells in the shelter of the Most High will rest in the shadow of the Almighty" Psalm 91:1

Wednesday, July 12, 2006

A quote!

Many of you know I am not much of a reader. . . maybe that's changing?! At least for the time that I am here it seems to be the case because at the house we have an awesome library and a lot of the books have captured my attention. I just picked up the book "Passion and Purity" by Elisabeth Elliot and quickly came upon a quote that I really want to share, so here it goes:

"One morning I was reading the story of Jesus' feeding of the five thousand. The disciples could find only five loaves of bread and two fishes. "Let me have them," said Jesus. He asked for all. He took them, said the blessing, and broke them before He gave them out. I remember what a chapel speaker, Ruth Stull of Peru, had said: "If my life is broken when given to Jesus, it is because pieces will feed a multitude, while a loaf will satisfy only a little lad.""

Wow, now I have a deeper understanding of what I am saying when I ask the Lord to break me and the implications that doing so can have, sweet! I'm reading two other books as well right now so there may be more quotes to come!

2 Comments:

At 11:08 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

That is a great quote on how God can use use to impact others' lives. Keep up the reading! That sounds like a great book. I have enjoyed reading your blogs and I'm so proud of you for what you're doing. What a wonderful experience! :)

 
At 11:08 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

sorry the anonymous was me, Lauren

 

Post a Comment

<< Home