Arijaan's Adventures in Amsterdam!

"He who dwells in the shelter of the Most High will rest in the shadow of the Almighty" Psalm 91:1

Thursday, June 29, 2006

Outreach Event on Friday!

Friday, June 30th (tomorrow!) I am part of an outreach event that we are puting on at the Shelter Jordan. I'm in a small group of staff that meet weekly to pray, encourage each other, and think of ways to do outreach at the hostel. We will be offering a free BBQ in the courtyard of the hostel and one of the girls in my small group will be performing a little skit to a song - very powerful, questioning who nailed Jesus to the cross - the point being that we all did because we are all sinners. The weather is supposed to be beautiful! Pray that many will come at 7 PM (10 AM California time!), that we would have a neat time connecting with the guests and that we may dialouge with them about our faith and their thoughts on it all. Thanks for taking the time to read this and pray - I really appreciate it!

4 Comments:

At 5:21 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi Arijaan!!! How fun it is to hear from you!! I'm so glad you are keeping in touch with us through a blog because it actually makes my summer more exciting just by hearing what you're doing! Actually, it's a huge privilege and blessing to be able to pray for you after reading your blog... as Nolan pointed out to me today, prayer is such a gift and tool from God and it's so true!! Something I totally learned today and am going to strive to put into practice by praying for you!! :) Well, I love you and look forward to hearing from you again!
<3 Rebecca
P.S. I'll be praying for the outreach tomorrow and maybe my mom will be too! (I gave her your blog to read.) :)

 
At 9:46 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Yes, I gladly join in with all the others. You are asleep now, but the prayers go on here.
Mama

 
At 8:42 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Jane!!! Im so happy to hear so much positivity in your experiences there. I knew you would adjust so well as it sounds you have. I told Scott about your place and he sounds interested in it, he'll get more infor from me as his trip approachs. Okay well keep up the great work!!! Our prayers continue for you :)
God Bless!!
Marlene

 
At 1:34 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi Arijaan - this is Dar Rossi, the aunt of Kelly Sondeno. How we would love to meet you and have a chance for a chat. Please e-mail me at darrossi@yahoo.com and we can figure something out. Blessings! Dar Rossi

 

Post a Comment

<< Home