Arijaan's Adventures in Amsterdam!

"He who dwells in the shelter of the Most High will rest in the shadow of the Almighty" Psalm 91:1

Tuesday, July 04, 2006

Baptism!

Celebrate with us here that on Sunday two of our staff, Jonathon (from Germany) and Anne (from The Netherlands) were baptized! This is a picture with Anne in the center, and a friend and the pastor to baptize her in the lake:
Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting
It was so special, about 25 of the staff here hopped on our bikes for a 45 min ride out to this lake in Amsterdam - what a great time to be encouraged in our faith. It was also very hot that day so many of us decided to jump in afterwards, definitely worth getting the clothes wet. This is Talitha, Desire, and me after a refreshing dip:
Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting
I've only been at the Shelter for a week but I already feel so connected with everyone here. That's not to say that I don't miss all of you, I really do, but it is such a blessing to know that where I am is where God is pleased to have me!

1 Comments:

At 3:04 PM, Blogger Andrea said...

this is not so serious and it's probably not appropriate, but these pictures totally reminded me of the scene in "o, brother, where art thou?" when one of the guys wants to be baptized in the river. what an awesome experience to witness!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home