Arijaan's Adventures in Amsterdam!

"He who dwells in the shelter of the Most High will rest in the shadow of the Almighty" Psalm 91:1

Saturday, July 15, 2006

My Transportation

Upon arrival I was given a bike to use which has been so great, it makes me feel less like a tourist and more like a local - I love the sound of that! It's about a 10 minute bike ride from the house to the hostel. It is so pleasant to bike along the canals and past the many little cafes - a great way to see the city. I have a bell on it but I am always hesistant to use it. I think that in my mind I treat it as if it were a car's horn which I never honk because I think it's mean. I need to erase that thought from my mind because I'm sure it's better to ring my bell then knock someone over - which I promise I have not done yet! Here's a picture of what I use to zoom around town with, a real "Dutch" bike, nothing fancy so no one will want to steal it, hopefully:
Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting
And now a picture of my "dream" bike, isn't it amazing! I just couldn't resist taking a picture!
Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

2 Comments:

At 1:15 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oh my word, it is your dream bike...it is green!! I hope you have such a great time on Sunday,I can't wait to hear all about it. And I need to know your list of what I need to bring to you! I know Reese's is number one on the list, but anything else?!
Talk to you soon!
Wishing I could be Dutch like you,
Kelly

 
At 4:17 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hahahah Jane that bike is so you!!!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home