Arijaan's Adventures in Amsterdam!

"He who dwells in the shelter of the Most High will rest in the shadow of the Almighty" Psalm 91:1

Saturday, July 22, 2006

Small and big things!

So, there are many fun things that I love here - especially when those things are so different from what I would see in California! Let's start with this tiny car, I have seen so many of them in Amsterdam and what I find so funny is when I see them driving on the bike paths. This is the one that is parked down the street from our house:
Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting
And now for something big - the spoons! It sounds so silly but I think the spoons here are so big. Here I am with my dessert in the patio of our hostel, it's a bowl of Chocolate Vla (a Dutch pudding) along with the gigantic spoon I am supposed to eat it with:
Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting
Small cars and big spoons - some of the things that make me smile in the city. That's the advantage of staying here longer than a couple of days - I get to soak up all the things that may be easy to over-look for the average tourist!

1 Comments:

At 8:24 AM, Blogger Andrea said...

i laughed out loud when i saw that car! how FUNNY!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home