Arijaan's Adventures in Amsterdam!

"He who dwells in the shelter of the Most High will rest in the shadow of the Almighty" Psalm 91:1

Saturday, August 12, 2006

Rain, rain. . .GO AWAY!

"Here I go again, talking about the rain/ mulling over things that don't live past today" is a line in a song by the band Casting Crowns. . .but I can't help myself! As I am sitting here the rain is coming down and it is quite chilly, in August! This has been going on for quite a while now. . . I want the heat wave to come back! Here's a silly picture of me with a gigantic umbrella that I borrowed from the hostel. So, don't think that I am smiling because it's raining - I am smiling because my umbrella is hilarious and a kind friend and staff member, Eline, and I were having a great afternoon together. Oh, and I guess I am smiling because somewhere in the back of my mind I know that rain makes things so beautiful and green - but really, why does it have to rain like this in August - this Californian girl will be coming home quite pale!
Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

2 Comments:

At 11:16 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Love this picture!
Spekkie and family

 
At 10:02 AM, Blogger Andrea said...

On Thursday, the Weather Service announced a severe storm warning for Boise and surrounding areas. Winds picked up smoke from the dozen or so fires burning in the foothills (OK, so I might begin to concede that Boise is considered "desert" terrain!) and 70 MPH winds were blowing the trees and birds around like crazy. While it was a little funny to watch the swallows fight against the wind-- to no avail, I might add-- it was quite a scary storm, with hazes of yellow/orange and really big wind gusts. In short, I would have forgone that whole storm for some rain. Plus my car looks terrible. And you know it only gets washed when it rains =)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home