Arijaan's Adventures in Amsterdam!

"He who dwells in the shelter of the Most High will rest in the shadow of the Almighty" Psalm 91:1

Tuesday, September 05, 2006

Oh Amsterdam. . .

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting
Today I leave the Shelter. This is not fun because my time here has been wonderful - as I am sure you could tell by my previous posts. There's not much to say at this point but thanks for all of your prayers and support during my months out here! Today, after small group and trying to pack everything (will it fit?) I am off to visit many great relatives for 10 days. At this point I am just so excited and ready to move on because the Lord has really worked in me and through me here. . .I'm ready to put it all to practice at home. So, I'm ending with this picture taken at the Museum Plein. It makes me think of Exodus 3:14 - "God said to Moses, "I AM WHO I AM. This is what you are to say to the Israelites: I AM has sent me to you". Knowing that I have been sent by I AM is powerful and in this power I go on knowing that He goes with me wherever I go! Thanks for reading this summer - I will likely do at least one more post when I get back home to let you know how things wrapped up for me here. God bless you!

10 Comments:

At 11:06 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

It has been amazing how you felt led by the Lord these past few months and how you have followed His Leading so joyfully! We are thankful to have been a part of it by supporting you with prayers and funds. God has provided in many ways! And we trust He will continue to guide us and finish His Work in and through us.
Praise be to God!

 
At 4:44 PM, Blogger Andrea said...

the time has gone by fast, but i can see how you have grown in your faith. you will always treasure this.

 
At 9:42 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Rock on Arijaan! I am (have been) so blessed by your blog and I have read every single one of your posts. What an amazing work the Lord is doing in Amsterdam. I hope you have an awesome time visiting the family. i will see you soon
love Kristen

 
At 10:20 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Jane you are such an inspiration for me. I loved reading about your journey. Your positivity is truely a breath of fresh air. I love how you alway relate everything back to the lord. I am excited for you to bring back to America what you have learned and perhaps you can help me out a bit on evangalisim. I could use some brushing up :) Thanks for the encouragement!
~Marlene

 
At 3:08 AM, Blogger Christina said...

Hey Arijaan!
I am missing you already...
I am happy that the Lord sent you to amsterdam and greatful that you where my roomie and thankful that I could see Him working in you. I hope the last few days with your family where great. And know that you are always welcome @ my place where ever I am...

 
At 3:08 AM, Blogger Christina said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

 
At 3:44 PM, Blogger Yeo said...

Wow, I fell way behind in checking for updates! I hope you have been able to adjust back to the US. I had culture shock...especially whuile passing all the coffee shops back home lol.

 
At 6:49 AM, Blogger Yeo said...

Hey, I met Kelsey (spelling) a few days ago.

Good stuff

 
At 9:34 AM, Blogger Arijaan Bulk said...

Jessica! I can't find your email address anywhere and I want to be in touch. . .I really hope you come back here to read this. Praying for you in Africa. Send me an email at smilin4him@hotmail.com if you get this!

 
At 9:51 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

beautiful arijaan! so i've pretty much sucked at keeping in touch, eh? but i check your blog once in awhile to see if you've written..and i have a note saying to email you sometime..i'm so sorry! but i hope you're doing well back in california--let me know sometime! i got a new email address: katie.gosselink@gmail.com

love, katie

 

Post a Comment

<< Home