Arijaan's Adventures in Amsterdam!

"He who dwells in the shelter of the Most High will rest in the shadow of the Almighty" Psalm 91:1

Thursday, August 24, 2006

Westerpark

There is a wonderful park close by that I want to tell you about! If I go for a run this is where I like to go. It takes about 5 minutes to get there and it's so wonderful because almost instantly I forget that I am living in a big, busy, bussling city. Being a country girl at heart Amsterdam can be a little much for me at times so having this park to escape to has been so awesome! It is large with many little trails all over - this is a picture I took from one of the trails:
Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting
Such natural beauty is so refreshing to experience and God is so good to give us the blessing of such a beautiful creation. So, that is where I found myself this morning - getting ready and excited for a new day. I will be leading the Bible Discussion tonight, on faith - I'll write more about how that went later. It starts at 7:30PM here (10:30AM in California - so if you're an early riser and reading this pray that the Word of God would speak!) And now, it is raining. . .once again. Will it stop? I suppose I am starting to get used to it - BUT that doesn't mean I like it! Although, I came to this wonderful verse in Deuteronomy 32:2 which says, "Let my teaching fall like rain and my words descend like dew, like showers on new grass, like abundant rain on tender plants". God can use all things to glorify Himself - even things I don't like. What a beautiful image that rain can now bring to my mind - glory be to God!

3 Comments:

At 3:30 PM, Blogger Andrea said...

this time for this blog says 1 AM. what are you doing awake at such an hour! you have become a night owl... look at what school has done to you =) anyway the view is gorgeous.

 
At 9:41 PM, Blogger Arijaan Bulk said...

Actually, add 9 hours to that to get the actual time. . .alas, I am still a morning person - somethings just won't change! :)

 
At 10:18 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

8-29-06
We are getting caught up with your site after a month of relatives, Dr. visits, trips, etc. Really enjoyed this one, especially your joy in being a part of all of this.
Love, Ruth and Elmer

 

Post a Comment

<< Home