Arijaan's Adventures in Amsterdam!

"He who dwells in the shelter of the Most High will rest in the shadow of the Almighty" Psalm 91:1

Friday, September 01, 2006

Potato Festival!

Let me start with a picture of where I have been sitting all these months as I update my blog:
Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting
That's the library - usually a place busy with people using the internet, chatting, and looking for good books to read. Often it is hard to focus as I write, but still so fun to be with such a social group of people! I wanted to quickly share about the outreach my small group has planned for tonight. We are having a "Potato Festival"! Sounds random? Well, it is but I think it will be so fun! We will be making our own french fries, learning about some potato history, listening to a little art lecture about the "potato eaters" painting by Van Gogh, as well as playing crazy games - such as bobbing for potatoes and a three-legged potato sack race. makes you wish you'd be here for it, huh?! It should be a great chance to connect and form relationships with the guests as well as share the gospel with them (Bettina is going to initiate this during the art lecture, it will take some creativity!). As I think back on all the outreaches I helped to plan and participate in I am confident that the Lord will work in any and every way that He wants. To close, I am leading my last Bible Discussion on Saturday evening - please pray that guests would come and that I would be bold and compassionate towards those the Lord has entrusted me with during that time. Thanks - and Happy September!

1 Comments:

At 4:45 PM, Blogger Andrea said...

how did the potato festival work out? i just ate a sandwich on potato bread. we are such a sweet pair =)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home